1. Greece is home to 6.000 islands and islets, of which only 200 are inhabited.
2. Greece is the home to 18 Unesco world heritage sites, including the Acropolis in Athens and the medieval city of Rhodes.
3. With more than 3,000 years of history, Athens is also the oldest inhabited city in Europe.
4. The national anthem of Greece has 158 verses making it one of the longest national anthems in the world.
5. The island of Santorini has the only caldera in the world that is actually inhabited.
6. 80% of Greece is made up of mountains
7. No part of Greece is more than 137 km away from the sea.
8. More tourists visit Greece every year than the entire Greek population.
9. Greece is the third largest producer of olives.
10. There are more than 4,000 traditional dances in Greece.
11. Athens has more theaters than any other city in the world.
Georgios Ardavanis – 06/08/2023